ZA

Hi, i have a cold sore (first time ever) it is day 4 and my face feel funny and my eye feels dry on the side of the cold sore. should i go and see a doctor?

Eye doctor can check: Most adults have had Herpes1 that causes lip cold sores. It is hard to live a normal life if one tries to be clean enough not to catch oral herpes, because that would mean a very high level of "germ avoidance," which we now know can be detrimental to normal life. That said, symptoms the right or left face and eye could be herpes in the eye or facial shingles... should see an ophthalmologist today.

Last updated Oct 15, 2019