ZA

Hi, i got bitten by a dog on the 24th of august19. the wound is on my left lower leg. the bruising and swelling has gone down. i am worried that its still swollen after such a long time. i got my tetanus and rabies shots. is the swelling normal?

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 40 years experience
Not normal: It's not at all normal for there to be swelling where you were bitten by a dog on Aug 24, 2019. It appears that you may have a serious infection which needs to be treated. Animal bite infections are often caused by many types of bacteria. I suggest you go to a medical clinic or Urgent Care center immediately for proper evaluation and treatment. I wish you well with your health!

Last updated Oct 11, 2019