i was treated for a pulmonary avm that had been undetected for years. screened for brain avm & mri found chronic small vessel territory infarcts in left cerebellar hemisphere/chronic microvascular ischemic white matter changes. what is it? treatment?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Infarcts: In my experience the usual cause of these findings, which are often not symptomatic, is longstanding hypertension of varying degree. A neurologist could evaluate and advise you further about these findings and their causes. I would strive for a blood pressure of no higher than 130/80 going forward.
Answered on Sep 20, 2019