Chicago, IL

I think i have sciatica, but it is not in my hips or back. i have burning, stabbing pain in the ball of my left foot that radiates up to my thigh. it comes and goes but is very painful. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Sciatic: This symption is not characteristic of sciatica which causes discomfort in the buttock with radiation down the back of the leg and can reach the foot. However your problem seems to originate in the foot raising the possibilities of plantar fasciiitis, tendinitis, nerve impingement, or faulty foot architecture. I recommend an evaluation by a podiatrist as they are most thorough with foot issues.

Last updated Sep 4, 2019