I have sharp stabbing pain all over the left breast/shoulder/rib cage. it hurts at all times and sometimes feel like burning. i believe it is due to gas from poor nutrition. is there any suggestive otcs? the pain is so bad i can't function normally

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ralph Boling answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Antacids: might help, but this sounds like an exam with your doctor is the best way to get this figured out and treated.

Answered 8/20/2019

148 views

Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Rib cage pain: I'm reluctant to consider this a symptom of any digestive disorder, but would suspect entities like pinched or inflamed intercostal nerve, inflammation of joint between rib and breast bone, rib pathology or impingement of a nerve root by a spur or disc pathology in the upper spine. Start with an examination by your physician. Appropriate tests and then probable referral to a specialist advised.

Answered 8/14/2019

147 views