Brazil

Light pain under left breast that goes up my shoulder and down my left arm. feels like pins and needles but without any chest pain. is this gas?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
Non likely: Pins and needles feeling is called "paresthesia" and is a sign of peripheral neuritis. It can be positional in which case it would come and go. Paresthesia and pain in that distribution, which follows the path of a nerve root (called a dermatome), suggests impingement in the cervical spine - often due to disk herniation or trauma in your age group (26). Also consider a brachial plexus injury.

Last updated Sep 1, 2017