Los Angeles, CA

I have chronic vaginal group b strep. i'm 65 years old. allergic to penicillan, amoxicilan, any cillans. clindamycin did not work. any suggestions? i now have burning, irritation and may have a uti also. i am prediabetic.

GBS: GBS is one of many germs considered normal in the digestive tract. The outlets proximity to the vagina make it a common contaminant of that area. Unless it is causing a UTI (verified by urine culture), or in the vaginal germs of a pregnant woman about to deliver it is often ignored ( not treated). I think you & your doc need to sort out what/why this is an issue.

Last updated Aug 18, 2019