A 49-year-old female asked:

Hi there if blood results for my liver are as per below do i need to see a doctor about it? liver s-bilirubin,total 4umol/l3-26 s-alkaline phosphatase 177iu/l* h51-117 s-alt (gpt) 43iu/l h< 35 s-ast (got) 40iu/l. h13-35 s-albumin (bcg) 44g/l. 35-50

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Harold Fields
Family Medicine 63 years experience
Lab results : Lab results should not be taken on their own but used in combination with your history and physical examination. See your doctor to determine the lab results. Good Luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 12, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.