ZA

43 year old male coughing for 2 weeks & recurring fever for 1 week. dr diagnosed viral infection. gave 2 injections, antihistamines, cough syrup. today phlegm is dark brown & no change in cough or fever. joints are sore, weakness, dizzy, nose blocked?

Dr. Francisco Izaguirre Gutiérrez
Specializes in Medicina Interna
Further evaluation: In my opinion, if any viral infection least more than 7 days, always need to rule out any bacterial coinfection, also clinically there isn't any improvement of the physical condition, therefore the initial diagnosis may be wrong or need to be review. It's important to take care of the early phases because of the time only worseness any condition. Get some lab tests and even a chest x-ray.
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. I: Due to lack of resolution of symptoms you ought see a doctor. If you do not have access to one, go the emergency room of the nearest hospital to see if antibiotic treatment may be warranted.

Last updated Mar 24, 2020