I had a fever, blocked nose and sore throat a week ago, i'm fine now except i have to blow my nose all the time and yellow thick phlegm in my cough.

Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Normal: The last two symptoms to clear after a viral illness are drainage and cough. It may take 2-3 weeks for these to completely clear. If these symptoms persist for a total of 4 weeks then may be low grade sinusitis and need antibiotics to clear.
Dr. Oscar Novick
URI: You have the after effects of a viral illness. If the symptoms persist beyond ten days, see your doctor. Antibiotics may be in necessary.
Last updated Apr 8, 2013