San Jose, CA

I just got a blood test back with b12 @ 2843 i am not supplementing with anything and eat well. my kidney/liver tests were normal. what could this be?

Pathology 49 years experience
See below: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, most of the time elevated B12 is harmless, however, it can be associated with hematologic malignancies, liver disease and chronic inflammation. Do talk to your doctor about it.

Last updated Jun 25, 2019