my iga level is: 0.34 g/l (below 0.8 - 2.8) am i deficient? and would this effect my tissue transglutaminase iga level (0.1) (for celiac disease?)

2 doctor answers
45 years experience Pediatrics
Possibly/yes: If these are the standards set by the testing lab it suggests you are IgA deficient. If that is verified by other testing IgA deficiency will make TTG results unreliable since their normal standards apply to those with normal IgA production.
Answered on May 28, 2019
1
1
Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience Emergency Medicine
Really, you should ask the person who ordered these tests to answer these questions for you. Good luck!
May 25, 2019
48 years experience Pathology
Agree with Drs. F&A: In patient's with IgA deficiency, testing for IgG antibody to deamidated gliadin is an option. However, the doctor who examined you and ordered the tests is in a better position to ascertain the need for additional tests, if any.
Answered on May 27, 2019