U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old male asked:

I have bilateral gynecomastia. of late i have been experiencing pain in both pectorals and if i have to pinch under the nipple,a fibrous like mass can be felt. im on no medication and can feel tenderness and pain. are there surgical options etc?

1 doctor answer12 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Some options: The age listed on your profile is 35. If true, this is long past the age when puberty related gynecomastia would fade.I would see your doc and make sure you do not have a treatable medical condition that brought this about.It is rare but men can get breast cancer.If not a consultation with a plastic surgeon with experience in the area would be my next move.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 28, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.