India

my daughter is now 17 months old. 1st time uti gone after having antibiotic for 10 days. within 2 months uti happened again and after having antibiotic for 14 days still pus cell is present in the urine 4-6/hpf.fyi she wears diaper.pls advice.

How diagnosed ?: A urinary tract infection is not unusual in girls. The diagnosis should be made by culture of a clean catch or catheter specimen, not a urinalysis. Squat pee collections in a bag or cup include vaginal & skin debris & can lead to over diagnosis. If true, repeat infections need to lead to imaging of the kidneys/ureters for abnormalities.