I was diagnosed w Meralgia paresthetica a year ago cuz mythigh was numb off & on,now its numb from my hip down to my inner knee crease, is it MP still?

Dr. Richard Greenwald
41 years experience in Podiatry
Meralgia Paresthetic: MP is characterized by numbness, tingling and burning pain in the outer thigh. The condition is caused by compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which supplies sensation to your upper leg. Wt, pregnancy, diabetes, and age are risk factors. Tight clothing, belts, obesity, nerve injury, seat belt inj., scar tissue near the inguinal ligament from past surgery—See your doc
Answered on Mar 13, 2019