I am having a hard time boosting my hdl cholesterol level. i've been exercising, consuming the recommended produce, and losing weight. the past few biometrics have shown no progress. is there something else to help with the process?

15 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Philip Miller answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

"the 4 Fs": Fish, foul, fresh fruit and fiber. Fish oils and omega 3 fatty acids ,Qinol, Lovasa, Co-Q-10 and fresh fish.

Answered 3/9/2019

211 views

Dr. Mark Roberts answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Recommend Vascepa: Lovasa often raises LDL, whereas Vascepa does not. If you can tolerate the flushing associated with Nissan or SLO-Niacic, it can raise HDL levels fairly significantly.

Answered 3/5/2019

210 views

Dr. Dora Chizea answered

Specializes in Anti-Aging Medicine

Walking or swimming: In addition to the 4-F's answer already given, One should consider simply Walking or Swimming. The absolute HDL number might not be as relevant to this particular person's wellness as the CVD Risk ratio being <5 (depending on the Lab ranges). Encouraged to check with the PCP.

Answered 3/10/2019

208 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

See below: HDL level is only of the factors in assessing risk for heart disease. Depending on other risk factors, you may require different treatment. If would be helpful to consult a cardiologist.

Answered 3/7/2019

208 views