U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bayonne, NJ
A 35-year-old female asked:

Is there any medication that can eliminate the redness and swelling of an eye infection?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Eye infection: Treatment type depends upon what part of the eye is infected. If it's the eyelid, warm compresses are started, but certain infections require drainage by an ophthalmologist. If it's the white of the eye(conjunctivitis), antibiotic ophthalmic ointment is prescribed. An ophthalmologist is best to consult for diagnosis and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 25, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.