U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 53-year-old female asked:

I have swelling and redness. there is itching and sometimes burning after urination on my vulva. i have taken diflucan but my symptoms remain. which medication would work best to treat my symptoms and is this a yeast or bacterial infection?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Eva Pickler
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hard to say: Without an exam, it is difficult to diagnose what you describe. You should see your doctor for an exam to determine what is causing the symptoms in order to treat it properly. There are a number of things that can cause swelling and redness and require different therapies to treat.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 12, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.