San Jose, CA

i drank one bottle of wine on 5-6 days/week for 1 year and stopped. its been 3 full days, no w/d symptoms. possible there wont be any withdrawal?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Alcohol withdrawl: https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/clinical+resources/clinical+topics/substance+misuse+and+dependence/substance+withdrawal+management/alcohol+withdrawal+management 72 hours is from alcohol blood level of 0. At this point is very possible but would be vigilant and contact MD now for medication just in case agitation / tremulousness begins.
Dr. Philip Miller
Possible, but: not probable: Do you consume even more than1 bottle on weekends? I suggest abstaining for 1 month, using electrolyte rich liquids ( G, Powerade, Vitamin Water etc.). If you can't go a few days without drinking, you may have an issue with alcohol.
Dr. Joseph Marra
Radiology 29 years experience
Good question: Alcohol problems can be a tricky! When habitual drinking has been long enough, there is a tendency for the body to become dependent on it and experience withdrawal symptoms... they usually peak within 2-4 days, and tend to decrease after 5-7... (that's "usually" the case,..though people are different). It's good you're aware... and there are opportunities for help... A.A., or a good psychiatrist
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. M: Hopefully you will not have withdrawal symptoms. Take a multivitamin with thymine, drink plenty of water or juice. Alcohol is a poison that never did anybody any good, ever, so stay away from it.