been to doctor about very small ball shaped moveable lump in side of neck after flu shot. she said it might be lymphnode.what else could it be? 21yo

Dr. Hogan Shy
Dr. Hogan Shy answered
Specializes in
Lump: Depending on the size and firmness it also could be a lipoma or cyst. I would monitor the lump, if it is increasing in size, firm, and immobile I would recommend followup. Lymph nodes less than 1 cm are generally benign but if persistent or increasing, it would be reasonable consider biopsy. A flu shot does stimulate an immune response so some inflammation to a lymph node is possible.
Answered on Feb 5, 2019
1