what are the benefits of eating 1 tablespoon of honey?

Dr. Andrew Poleszak
That is fine: We do not known, but if it organic has benefits.

What are the health benefits of honey?

Dr. Rick Kirschner
Dr. Rick Kirschneranswered
General Practice 40 years experience
MANY!: Honey has anti-bacterial properties with dozens of species of bacteria. Applied topically, honey has been used successfully in treatment of diabetic ulcers. Manuka honey may be useful in treating MRSA infections. It may reduce odours, swelling, and scarring in wounds. Pure raw honey contains many minerals and vitamins.

Can I eat honey if I am a diabetic?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Yes, with limits : Please discuss how to safely encorporate honey into your diet with a nutritionist and or diabetes treatment center.
Australia

Manuka honey benefits?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Maybe wound healing: Although this isn't conclusive, and like all supplements/otc/"natural remedies", this is an industry that isn't well regulated - meaning you can't always trust that it's not contaminated, and it contains what it says it contains. Personally, i'm not going to be spreading honey on my scrapes anytime soon. I'm going to wait for more conclusive studies... And stick to bandaids in the meantime.
NY

Is it normal for scabs to be honey colored?

Dr. TED FEDER
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 40 years experience
Yes Can Be: As red blood cells either leave a scab, or if just the serum content of blood (not red blood cells) clotted to form the scab, it leaves behind the fibrin clot matrix for healing which is honey colored. A scab usually starts as dried blood: red/black/dark brown in color.

How are amber honey and other honeys different?

Dr. Charles Davant
Taste and color: There is little data that one honey is better at anything than others.

Last updated Jan 22, 2017