Australia

9 wks pregnant. just ate a whole jar of green olives i was craving. my sister just told me they have been linked to listeria!! should i be worried??

Depends: Data shows that some methods of preparation would still allow this germ to survive. However, the heat treatment used in other methods will kill it. Without knowing the source of the olives it is reasonable to avoid them or make a rule of thoroughly washing the product & removing the brine before use.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 11, 2019