A member asked:

I have pterygium. the growth causes discomfort. it has started affecting the black part of my eye. is there any treatment beside surgery?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Clarene Cress answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Lubricating eyedrops: are the first approach, and since there is some thought that UV light may contribute to growth, appropriate glasses should be worn. This is recent article on management of ptergium: https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/management-of-pterygium-2

Answered 1/8/2019



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor