U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Buena Park, CA
A 29-year-old male asked:

Is this an acl/pcl/mcl tear? i can walk fine, but i'm having a hard time stretching and bending my knee. it hurts when i run, jump and walk upstairs

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Be seen: You would need to be seen, examined, and likely have had an mri to make that diagnosis. It would take a substantial injury to tear all those structures in the knee and your knee would likely be extremely unstable if it occurred. Don’t hesitate to see an orthopedic surgeon to discuss the specifics of your case.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 7, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.