PA

Was told today i have kidney disease and only functioning at 50%..58 male with 14 years diabetic...a1c is 6.2 ...what foods to avoid?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Actually: your A1C is good (below 7) and 50% renal function "sounds" bad but is enough to eliminate waste(s). Your question should be how do I preserve what kidney function I have left. You also should have had some testing to determine the reason for the altered function!! (for example obstruction should be ruled out) It is "easy" to "blame" the diabetes.... Hope these "thoughts" are helpful! Dr Z

Last updated Dec 9, 2018