Pcos and am ttc. i take letrozole on days 4-8 and progesterone on days 14-24. if i get my period on day 21 should i stop taking the progesterone?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John Berryman answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Pregnancy ?: Bleeding on day 21 may be related to implantation. It is best to continue the progesterone until a serum HCG test is negative at about day 38-40. Progesterone can support an early pregnancy and stopping too early may cause the pregnancy to fail.

Answered 12/11/2018

239 views

Dr. Jeff Livingston answered

Fertility protocol : You are on a specific treatment protocol prescribed by your doctor. It would be best to contact the treating physician to get exact instructions. Fertility doctors tend to be very particular regarding the use of medications they prescribe. I would not alter any of the medications without discussing it with them.

Answered 12/11/2018

239 views