Canada

pcos and am ttc. i take letrozole on days 4-8 and progesterone on days 14-24. if i get my period on day 21 should i stop taking the progesterone?

Dr. John Berryman
Pregnancy ?: Bleeding on day 21 may be related to implantation. It is best to continue the progesterone until a serum HCG test is negative at about day 38-40. Progesterone can support an early pregnancy and stopping too early may cause the pregnancy to fail.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Fertility protocol : You are on a specific treatment protocol prescribed by your doctor. It would be best to contact the treating physician to get exact instructions. Fertility doctors tend to be very particular regarding the use of medications they prescribe. I would not alter any of the medications without discussing it with them.

Last updated Dec 11, 2018