ZA

After 8 months on metformin, started to 've low blood sugar signs after i changed my diet & now i am doing serious workouts.i always try to keep the readings below 10. dr took me off drug & it's now 3 weeks.is it safe to stay off drugs?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Varies: Congratulations on your life style changes including dietary changes and exercise, this will likely have multiple benefits for you. In terms of you coming off the met form in and how this will affect your blood sugars, you would do well to discuss the specifics of your case with your individual physician. Again, congratulations.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 4, 2018