U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New Britain, CT
A 59-year-old male asked:

I have been having floating stools for a week, my gi doctor wants me to have a fecal fat testing done. i would like to know what the results would show and what would be the next step after that. also been having abdominal pains, maybe ibs.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Malabsorption: Increased fat content of stools is seen with malabsorption conditions like celiac disease,pancreatic disorders and obstruction of biliary system.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 27, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.