ZA

Hi. can someone please help. i am 17 weeks pregnant and have gallstones. my docter wants to do the surgery after the pregnancy, because my gallbladder is not infected. but i cant wait so long, i am struggling a lot with pain each and every day. ?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Surgeon consult: The second trimester of pregnancy is generally considered the best time for gallbladder removal if the patient is not able to wait until after delivery. At this gestation the risk to the pregnancy is minimal and access to the gallbladder is not limited as the uterus is still small

Last updated Mar 22, 2020