U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Jose, CA
A 54-year-old male asked:

I have been to the docs about a spot on my face above my eye, it looks like a blood blister and has started bleeding this evening. ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
Hemangioma: This may be a vascular growth. These are usually benign. If bleeding persists, go to the hospital emergency room for treatment. A dermatologist can diagnose this skin lesion for you and advise you.
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Apply firm pressure : for 5 minutes to stop the bleeding, then get a consult with a dermatologist to have it assessed.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 10, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.