ZA

I gave my 8 year old son an allergex tablet 6 hours ago. he is very drowsy and battling to open his eyes when i try to wake him. should i worry?

Common side effect: Drowsiness is a common side effect of this class of antihistamine drugs. It is also long lasting, taking 12-40+ hours to eliminate half the drug from their body. I would suspect that he is very sensitive to this side effect and avoid its use in the future. He wil likely sleep it off over time. These meds are a problem if given in excessive doses but this is not a problem with a single 4mg tabletl

Last updated Dec 10, 2020