Long Beach, CA
A 19-year-old male asked:
How much ingestion of toothpaste would be toxic in kids and adults?
1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in
Orthodontics 55 years experience
T'paste ingestion: About a bath-tub full.and that's from just the shear amount of inactive ingredients. Active ingredients are non-toxic or the FDA would not allow them to be included in anything you could swallow. Use about a pea-sized portion of fluoridated t'paste. Brush 2 full minutes by the clock before bkfst and before bed. Floss daily. Anything less will allow bacteria. over time, to do you harm.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
292 viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Aug 2, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.