U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Milford, CT
A 32-year-old female asked:

I was laying in bed and i rolled over and felt a sharp pain on the right side of chest. if i twist my upper body to the left pain hurts worse?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
? muscle pull: as it is related to positioning, will heal on its own, meanwhile topical/systemic NSAIDS would help, unless contraindicated, if no improvement see your doctor, good luck
Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Sharp pain: Most likely muscle spasm (muscle pull). It will hurt to use the muscle as well as to stretch it. Apply gentle heat (careful not to burn the skin!) twice a day and continue to use the muscle with gentle slow stretching. SHould be better in a couple of days.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.