I take birth control 3 months at a time. For the last few weeks I’ve been having nausea, lower back pain and mild cramping I had very light pink drops?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Breakthrough bleed: Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control. It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working.
Answered on Jun 22, 2018