U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old female asked:

I have many lumps under the skin on my chest, arms, trunk, neck, legs. some as small as rice grains. very painful when touched. over a year now. i have elevated crp for 3yrs ranging from 18-35mg/l and high wbc. feel extremely fatigued and pain.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
See a specialist: This combination of findings raises the possibility of nodular vasculitis or polyarteritis nodosa. I recommend that you consult a rheumatologist for evaluation. Seeing a dermatologist,who would biopsy a skin lesion, is an alternative recommendation to at least achieve a diagnosis. Referral to a rheumatologist may then be made depending upon the biopsy findings.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 16, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.