NY

what does no gross pancreatic abnormalities identified on radiology report mean?

Pathology 49 years experience
What it says: No abnormalities were detected by radiologic examination in the gland called pancreas. It does not mean that pancreas is entirely normal, just that x-days did not reveal an abnormality.
Pathology 49 years experience
Provided original answer
Wish you good health!
Jul 3, 2018
Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology 41 years experience
Bad term: I don't like the term "Gross" and don't use it. In the past, it was used to mean that an imaging test was not accurate. However, I prefer to discuss the inaccuracies rather use a blanket term. In this case, I would assume that the reviewer did not see any thing wrong but would prefer dedicated pancreatic imaging if there is suspicion of disease in the pancreas.