U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

My mom has been using some of my chronic bipolar medication and it works for her but she has not seen a psychiatrist - how do we get her own meds?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
See her own doctor: Depression, bipolar illness, and other psychiatric disorders can run in families. A woman with bipolar symptoms can get medication for treatment the same way that any psychiatric patient can get treatment... by seeing a psychiatrist (or sometimes from a primary care doctor). She can start by first visiting her primary care doctor, to get a general evaluation to see if she has any other problems.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A member asked:
2 doctor answers13 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Last updated May 22, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.