ZA

i have a very bad burning feeling in my chest, in the middle towards the right side for the last 24h. have taken gaviscon but no relief. can't sleep very painfull.

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Hard to say: But at your age, this may be from reflux as suspected. Certain classes of drug are far more effective in suppressing acid than Gaviscon. On the other hand, the lack of response of Gaviscon may point to other causes for the "burning" and you may need to consult your doctor if this problem persists for more than a week or worsens in the interim.
Dr. Richard Zimon
This needs: an in person medical consultation. COSTOCHONDRITIS (inflammation of the cartilage joining the ribs with the breastbone in front of your chest..) is the most likely diagnosis at your age ...In the meantime apply HEAT and or ICE for the local effect and get it checked out! Hope this i helpful! Dr Z