U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

It hurts to eat or drink anything. i have severe gas and indigestion in my upper chest. constant burning and more severe when i eat or drink any thing. pain is 8 on (1-10) scale. gaviscon and pepcid (famotidine) are giving minimal temporary relief.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Recommend : Recommend that you see you physician for a clinical examination. There are several things that could be causing these symptoms that need to be ruled out or in. You may be suffering from stomach ulcers, gastric reflux, hiatal hernia, or nut cracker esophagus to name a few. Once that is done the appropriate treatment can be recommended.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 9, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.