U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Ellicott City, MD
A female asked:

Is surgery the only option to treat a non-united greater tuberosity fracture? injury occurred ~7 months ago

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mohit Bansal
Family Medicine 22 years experience
More likely Yes: Need more information - which bone? General rule, if it has not healed and it is creating problems for you and affecting your daily life it needs to be fixed. Surgery is big decision but if your surgeon is recommending it I will go for it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 18, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.