A member asked:

Hi dr i was wondering if i want to set up family planning do i need a gp or a gynaecologist?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Audrey Lance answered

Specializes in Gynecology

A GP can probably handle most of your family planning needs. However, gynecologists usually have more experience with things like IUDs and implants, so if you are thinking about using that for birth control, you may want to see a gynecologist, or a GP/family practitioner that is skilled in those things.

Answered May 19, 2018



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor