A member asked:

I use minoxidil 5% as advised by a doctor to maintain my hair density. can anyone suggest a hair serum to use along with it for maintaining density.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Lourdes Borges ruiz answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Hi. You may wish to investigate the use of medications like Bimatoprost or similar medication for hair growth stimulation with the use of a personal dermaroller to allow better penetration of the medicine and increase circulation of the scalp. Also, make sure your biotin, iron, vitamin b12 and vitamin d levels are adequate as low levels can cause thinning hair.

Answered May 11, 2018



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor