MA

I was referred by a wc ime doc for further treatment of both my knees with an orthopedist.at my 1st appt.,the orth. only checked my r knee& told me he would only treat my r knee for now.will treat l knee later.is it legal or right for him to do so?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Yes and no: Should have examined both knees at same visit BUT if you are operated on both knees on same day you are crippled. Better for you if you wait for one to heal and THEN to have the other one operated upon. Same thing if you ever need to have your hands operated upon!!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Also, if you are unhappy with a doc before surgery, that should tell you something. Get a second opinion,which is always a good idea before any procedure.
May 8, 2018
Last updated May 12, 2018