U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 53-year-old female asked:

Fell on my knees,wrists&nose a year ago.was referred to an orthopedist for treatment of my left wrist&both knees b/c still feel pain&tension after pt.which orthopedist can treat both my knees&wrist?can a trauma orthopedist treat both?sports med orth?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Depends on orthopedi: Often they specialize into hands or knee. It is hard to be clearer but they both should be able to advise on either. I would tend to talk to the knee specialist first and see if they advise that you might see a hand specialist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 24, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.