U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I have a couple of week-old, hard, painful lumps on my groin. should i go see a doctor, or can i get some over-the-counter medication?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Hard groin lumps: The answer is self evident. See your doctor ASAP
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Lumps: These lumps are usually enlarged lymph nodes. Nodes strain your body serum to remove toxic debris including germs and prevent them from entering the blood/tissues. They could represent a localized problem on that leg or your genitals. If they are painful they are working very hard & it is a warning that they may need help. See your doc to see if you have a problem that needs meds or tests.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 2, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.