Saint Cloud, MN

my microscopic urine came back with wbc 3-5 and rbc 1-2. is this cause for concern!?

Pathology 44 years experience
No: It's normal and you should perhaps have been told this.

Is it normal that my child arches her back and thrusts backward when something's upset her?

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes: This is a form of temper tantrum and is best ignored after making sure your child is not in a position to hurt herself. Do not try to appease her by giving her what she wants or trying to not upset her. She is smart and will learn to manipulate you if allowed.

Why does my urine have sugar in it?

Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
Most often: food!: The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is diabetes. But for many pregnant women, kidney function changes. Often, the same morning a pregnant women drinks a big glass of orange juice, we'll find sugar in her urine sample. However, that is not to say we ignore the findings -- all pregnant women do get tested for gestational diabetes between 24 and 28 weeks.

How much is too much urine for a newborn?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Equal parts: They should be putting out approximately the same amount as they are taking in. Signs of excessive urine loss are sunken eyes, dry mouth, wrinkled skin, and sunken fontenelles.

Sometimes when I pee I shudder. Weird?

Pathology 44 years experience
Reflex: Some folks have this reflex. It means nothing.

How can I continue to work out, despite a back problem?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Do core work: You may want to alter your workouts to incorporate more core stabilization routines and try more cross training. Avoiding certain workouts may help like rowing and , heavy weight lifting especially squats and deadlifts as well concentrating on less weight with increased reps.

Last updated Jan 16, 2020