U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old female asked:

I'm a 47 year old woman in full menopause. hrt isn't an option. i'm putting on weight no matter what i do and am afraid it's going to get out of control. what is the best way to get a tailor made eating plan or best diet advice?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Menopause and weight: You can see a licensed nutritionist. He/she can take a history and create a food plan to help you. Also, ask your doctor about a ketogenic diet, i.e., high good fat and low carbs. Your body will burn fat for fuel rather than sugar. How is your exercise level? Brisk walking can help. Doesn't need to be stressful. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 9, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.