Pain in upper part of my foot.i was playing soccer today and a girl repeatedly stepped on my foot and now it really hurts. what do i do?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Ronald Krauser answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

See details: You have the foot evaluated and x-rayed to determine if there is a fracture or just a contusion.

Answered 3/20/2018

361 views

Dr. Neil Hecht answered

Specializes in Podiatry

RICE acronym: Rest, ice, compression ( Ace bandage) and elevation and possibly ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. If not improved in 1-2 days, see your podiatrist for evaluation and possible x rays.

Answered 3/20/2018

361 views

Dr. Barry Johnson answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Imediate ice&elevate: Following any injury to the foot and/or ankle, put ice into a ziplock bag, wrap with a hand towel and apply to the injured area and elevate the foot above the heart by at least 12". These measures are good up until about 24 hrs. post injury. Elevation should be continued if there is any tendency for swelling. Ice should be discontinued @ 48 hrs. Some Tylenol may be helpful for pain within 24-48h

Answered 3/20/2018

361 views