Conway, SC
A 37-year-old female asked about a 37-year-old female:

I had a stroke which makes my left side weak i am waiting on a mri so the neurogist knows if i need a shot or surgery. should i go back to work?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Post-stroke: You need to ask your doctor because you need to be seen and the doc has to know your history. Another factor is the type of work you do. Some jobs would be ok and others not so. Continued health and peace as you recover.
Neurology 52 years experience
Important to understand cause of a stoke at a young age, and whether future medications are indicated. Ability to work will depend upon success of rehab program, and lingering disability. You ask about surgery, which raises a real question of what has occurred. A thorough status conference with your neurologist is indeed in order.

Last updated Mar 20, 2021