Charlotte, NC

my right foot, toe next to the big one turns purple/dark blue, with some swelling-usually when it's cold. it may or may not have some redness/itchines?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you. What you described suggests a problem with blood circulation in that toe. It would be prudent to consult a doctor for evaluation and treatment. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.